Urban Water Management Plan
2020 Urban Water Management Plan Update
Sonoma Water is a wholesaler of potable water, serving nine primary municipal customers in Sonoma and Marin Counties. In accordance with the Urban Water Management Planning Act (California Water Code §10608-10656) Sonoma Water updated its Urban Water Management Plan (UWMP) and associated Water Shortage Contingency Plan (WSCP) for 2020 in coordination with community stakeholders and its retail water contractors.
Sonoma Water’s 2020 UWMP discusses and describes the following:
- Existing water supplies and transmission system facilities;
- Projected water demands in Sonoma Water’s service area over the next 25 years;
- Projected water supplies available to Sonoma Water over the next 25 years, the reliability of that supply, and general schedules for water supply projects;
- Climate change impacts to water supply;
- Energy intensity;
- Current and planned Sonoma Water water conservation activities;
- An updated and separately adopted Water Shortage Contingency Plan (Appendix C); and
- A comparison of water supply and water demand over the next 25 years under different hydrological assumptions (normal year, single dry year, multiple dry years).
Comments or questions regarding the UWMP may be addressed to:
UWMP Project Manager
Phone: 707-547-1900 or email@example.com